Women’s Tour – Gay’wu (Dillybag) – 5 Day
Please note this is a Women's and little ladies tour only. Due to cultural protocols men are not allowed to attend.
Come together with Yolŋu sisterhood and learn first had about their culture, history and country.
Experience many extraordinary things during the time spent with the Yolŋu women which is often described
‘life-changing’. You will learn about and experience Yolŋu philosophy and kinship, weaving, painting,
astrology, healing ceremony, crying ceremony (Nathi), cooking and bush medicine, dancing, gathering
oysters or mud crabs and much more.
Activities will vary according to the season and availability of materials. Mothers and daughters are welcome as well as small children.
● all transport in the East Arnhem Region including airport transfers and ground touring
● all meals whilst on tour unless otherwise indicated in the itinerary
● cultural experiences with Yolngu family
● basic lodge or tent accommodation with beds and fresh linen provided (3 nights)
● one night motel accommodation in Nhulunbuy at end of trip
● Yolŋu driver-guides
● Visit the world renowned Aboriginal Art Centre Buku Larrnggay Mulka in Yirrkala (subject to opening hours - not open Sundays)
Accommodation is included:
3 x Nights in tent or lodge with bedding provided
1 x Night in motel accommodation in Nhulunbuy at end of trip
We accept bookings from 1 person. We need 6 people for tours to operate, and there is a maximum group size of 18. Smaller or larger groups, as well as private groups can be catered for on request. Pricing will change depending on numbers.
Adults $2,399 p/p
Children 4-14 $1,999 p/p
There are a number of Yolngu homelands which welcome our groups so we do not guarantee a specific homeland for our tours. Itineraries may also change depending on weather conditions and cultural matters.
By booking these tours you are agreeing to the terms and conditions